What can I do if my ex’s girlfriend video tapes all exchanges?

Couples who split up have their difficult times; however, more trouble gets stirred up by the boyfriends, girlfriends, and extended family than one might imagine. I’ve heard judges tell the parties to behave like responsible adults and to tell boyfriends, girlfriends, and extended family to stop meddling. Not bad advice.

Adult family and friends suffer loss, care enough that it hurts them to see you hurt, or have other agendas. Whatever the situation, boyfriends, girlfriends, and extended family possess the power to make a difficult situation better or worse unless you set boundaries that allow you to be responsible for the relationship with your ex.

Please set an appointment at Appointment with John Schmidt

If you are in Kentucky, then I’d recommend that you call my office to schedule a consultation if you have an agreement, parenting schedule or court order to discuss your options.

Boyfriends, girlfriends, and extended family may do things like hold their phone in the air and follow as the ex puts the child(ren) into the vehicle during the exchange, they may tell you about a friend who got what seems like the better of the situation, etc. While they may mean well, poison slowly hurts and kills whatever ingests it, so calmly thank them for their concern and take the high road.

The high road must not be mistaken for weakness. In fact, the high road takes incredible strength. The high road causes less damage but requires you to put the welfare of the child(ren) ahead of the impulse to poke the ex by pushing the buttons only an ex knows how to push. So, tell the boyfriends, girlfriends, and extended family to show more maturity, stop stirring the pot and stop videotaping the exchange because you’ll handle it.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. You can call my office at 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options or set an appointment here: https://www.johnschmidtlaw.com/schedule-appointment/

Let Our Experienced Team Help

If you’re facing divorce, custody, grandparent's rights, paternity, adoption, criminal charges, personal injury, or need deeds or wills prepared in or around Shepherdsville or Shelbyville or Taylorsville or Radcliff or Elizabethtown or Louisville, Kentucky, rely on our team at the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates. We will fight aggressively to help you protect your rights with the goal of obtaining the most favorable outcome. Schedule an appointment here: https://www.johnschmidtlaw.com/schedule-appointment/



Recent Posts