In Kentucky, we don’t have children so I’m told I can get a divorce without waiting. Is that true?

The law states that no decree can be entered until the parties have “lived apart” for 60 days. If you’ve “lived apart” for 60 days and there are no children, then a decree may be entered without an additional wait. The key is whether husband and wife have “lived apart” for 60 days.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. You can call my office at 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options or set an appointment here:

Let Our Experienced Team Help

If you’re facing divorce, custody, grandparent's rights, paternity, adoption, criminal charges, personal injury, or need deeds or wills prepared in or around Shepherdsville or Shelbyville or Taylorsville or Radcliff or Elizabethtown or Louisville, Kentucky, rely on our team at the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates. We will fight aggressively to help you protect your rights with the goal of obtaining the most favorable outcome. Schedule an appointment here:



Recent Posts