I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy but recently lost my job. What do I do?

Contact the attorney who filed your Chapter 13 bankruptcy for you if you lose your job or your circumstances change for the worse. It is possible to get relief on a temporary basis if you think your situation is temporary and it may be possible to amend the plan if your situation is not temporary. I cannot over stress the importance of contacting your attorney who filed your Chapter 13 bankruptcy for you in a timely manner. If you wait, then the Trustee may file a show cause motion.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. You can call my office at 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options or set an appointment here: https://www.johnschmidtlaw.com/schedule-appointment/

Let Our Experienced Team Help

If you’re facing divorce, custody, grandparent's rights, paternity, adoption, criminal charges, personal injury, or need deeds or wills prepared in or around Shepherdsville or Shelbyville or Taylorsville or Radcliff or Elizabethtown or Louisville, Kentucky, rely on our team at the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates. We will fight aggressively to help you protect your rights with the goal of obtaining the most favorable outcome. Schedule an appointment here: https://www.johnschmidtlaw.com/schedule-appointment/



Posted in Attorney Law

Recent Posts