Changing Children’s Names in Family Court

The Governor signed HB238 to amend KRS 401.020 and 401.030 relating to change of name for a child under 18, to permit the action for change of name to be filed in the Family Court of a county with a Family Court or the Circuit Court of a county without a Family Court if the Family Court or Circuit Court has a case involving the family pending before it, as well as in the District Court; amend KRS 401.010 and 401.040 to conform.

In accordance with Section 55 of the Constitution of Kentucky, the effective date of legislation passed by the 2013 Regular Session of the Kentucky General Assembly is the first moment of Tuesday, June 25, 2013, since 90 full days will then have passed after final adjournment on March 26, 2013, except for general appropriation measures and those containing emergency or delayed effective date provisions.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. You can call my office at 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options or set an appointment here:

Let Our Experienced Team Help

If you’re facing divorce, custody, grandparent's rights, paternity, adoption, criminal charges, personal injury, or need deeds or wills prepared in or around Shepherdsville or Shelbyville or Taylorsville or Radcliff or Elizabethtown or Louisville, Kentucky, rely on our team at the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates. We will fight aggressively to help you protect your rights with the goal of obtaining the most favorable outcome. Schedule an appointment here:



Posted in Attorney Law

Recent Posts