Obtain divorce representation tailored to your needs from a military divorce lawyer
Military divorces are particularly complex and require the assistance of lawyers who understand the unique issues involved. At the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates PLLC, we understand the legal issues you face as a member of the U.S. military and the steps we must take to ensure your future remains positive. We respect your service to our country, and we hope to repay you by offering the high-quality, compassionate legal counsel you need at a reasonable price.
Military service members face a variety of special issues in divorces
The end of a marriage is difficult for almost everybody. Military couples, however, face specific challenges that others may not:
- Retirement issues, including survivor benefit plans
- Unique issues regarding child custody or visitation rights during overseas deployments
- Different child support obligations
- Rights granted under the Service Members Civil Relief Act
It takes a deep understanding of these issues and other laws affecting service members to properly represent you in your divorce. Our divorce lawyers in Shepherdsville, KY understand the issues and help you to achieve positive results.
Our military divorce attorneys solve your issues efficiently and compassionately in Bullitt County, KY & Surrounding Areas.
We understand that the lifestyle of people in the Armed Forces does not provide much time for divorce proceedings and that it can be difficult to keep your emotions in check throughout the process. We provide you with emotional support and pragmatic legal counsel to fight for results such as:
- Custody rights. We fight to keep your children a part of your everyday life.
- Financial security. As with any divorce, you may be worried about your financial well-being in the years to come. We seek spousal support that leaves you in a good position for the future.
- Peace of mind. We provide you with relief from the unique stresses of military divorce through trustworthy service and constant, honest communication.
Trust in our knowledge of military divorce law to give you hope for your future. We know how to treat our service men and women with the respect they’ve earned for their contributions here and overseas, while never forgetting that you are our first priority.