What happens with maintenance (aka alimony or spousal support) when one of the parties dies or remarries?

The Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates PLLC works with clients on all family law matters including maintenance (aka alimony or spousal support).

The obligation to pay future maintenance (aka alimony or spousal support) is terminated by law upon the death of either party or the remarriage of the party receiving maintenance unless otherwise agreed in writing or expressly provided in the decree.


Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. Of course, Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates is available for legal advice on child support today. Call us now!

If you are in Kentucky, then I’d recommend that you call my office at 502-587-1950 or 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options.

Please set an appointment at Appointment with John Schmidt

Recent Posts