In Kentucky, we don’t have children so I’m told I can get a divorce without waiting. Is that true?

The law states that no decree can be entered until the parties have “lived apart” for 60 days. If you’ve “lived apart” for 60 days and there are no children, then a decree may be entered without an additional wait. The key is whether husband and wife have “lived apart” for 60 days.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. Of course, Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates is available for legal advice on child support today. Call us now!

If you are in Kentucky, then I’d recommend that you call my office at 502-587-1950 or 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options.

Please set an appointment at Appointment with John Schmidt

Recent Posts