I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy but recently lost my job. What do I do?

Contact the attorney who filed your Chapter 13 bankruptcy for you if you lose your job or your circumstances change for the worse. It is possible to get relief on a temporary basis if you think your situation is temporary and it may be possible to amend the plan if your situation is not temporary. I cannot over stress the importance of contacting your attorney who filed your Chapter 13 bankruptcy for you in a timely manner. If you wait, then the Trustee may file a show cause motion.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to check out their online recommendations, ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. Of course, Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates is available for legal advice on child support today. Call us now!

If you are in Kentucky, then I’d recommend that you call my office at 502-587-1950 or 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation to discuss your options.

Please set an appointment at Appointment with John Schmidt

Posted in Attorney Law

Recent Posts


You have the right to unbiased legal aid when charged with DUI. When you are charged with driving under the ...
Learn More